Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Started investing about a month ago. I know people say you should not try to “time the market” but essentially I’m asking, should I time the market?

So I started investing about a month ago. Mainly with robosdvisors that generally follow the market closely. Also with M1 that gives the option of choosing fractional shares and a little more control to the user. So far, in all, I’ve invested about $1,000. I had originally planned to invest about &5,000. All of my portfolios have had losses averaging about -2.5%. I’m not too concerned about the short term loss but am wondering if considering the current market, it would be wise to take a wait and see approach before investing more.

Edit: I should add that I have a very long-term out look. 10 years plus.



Submitted March 28, 2018 at 06:10PM by bhouse114 https://ift.tt/2pNJuGo

No comments:

Post a Comment