Saturday, May 19, 2018

Need help on improving my weekly tech commentary!

About two months ago, I started a tech blog on a whim. The reason is that I just want to give something back to “the internet”, rather than just be a voracious consumer of other people’s content. With the feedback of this community, I started a weekly tech commentary, and just completed the 6th one: http://zenanalyst.com/2018/05/14/tech-commentary-week-of-5-18-2018/

Some members of the community wanted a wekly column that is heavy on data and signal, and light on the fluff. I agree that this would be more differentiated, so went in that direction. The current format consists of my daily notes on signficant movers and news in the tech space, my reading lists for the week, and a concluding thought on Saturday or Sunday.

I’m struggling a bit this week given how quiet it is. Sure, there are many big movers and individually signficant events such as CSCO and AMAT’s earnings, and many conferences, but I’m not seeing anything too ground breaking. So my question to the community is:

1) Am I missing anything important this week? If so, I’ll follow up with post that digs in more on the topic.

2) For quiet weeks like this, what could I add that would make the weekly commentary more useful?

Thanks for reading!



Submitted May 19, 2018 at 02:42PM by Keeppgoingg https://ift.tt/2rUq6sg

No comments:

Post a Comment