Monday, February 26, 2018

My Portfolio

Good evening everyone, the time has come where I am now wondering if you guys would mind providing me some opinions, insight, and critique of my portfolio. I’ve been investing for nearly 3 years now but the last year I’ve been seriously going at it, researching as much as I can and contributing roughly 25% of my income towards retirement planning. Here’s my portfolio broken down by holding and percentages (rounded to nearest 1/2 % point) for reference:

Vanguard Healthcare Fund (VGHCX) - 15% Vanguard Small Cap Fund (VSTCX) - 7% Vanguard US Growth Fund (VWUSX) - 11% Vanguard Energy ETF (VDE) - 5% Vanguard Industrials ETF (VIS) - 8.5% Vanguard Consumer Staples ETF (VDC) - 2.5% Vanguard Info Tech ETF (VGT) - 2.5% Alternative Harvest ETF (MJ) - 3.5% Global X Robotics (BOTZ) - 2.5% Vanguard Target Retirement Fund - 12.5% Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) - 7% Apple (AAPL) - 3.5% Store Capital (STOR)- 4% Waste Management (WM) - 2% UPS (UPS) - 2% McDonalds (MCD) - 2% Shopify (SHOP) - 3.5% Visa (V) - 4% Omeros Corp (OMER) - 1% 22nd Century (XXII) - 1%

I try to diversify myself with several sector ETFs. The reason for simply not going with something like VTI is because there are some sectors I’d rather avoid right now as I’m young, holding long term, and won’t be touching this money for quite awhile so I’m more open for risk. This has resulted me being fairly heavy in tech, healthcare, and industrial with virtually nothing in basic materials, utilities, or telecommunications.

In addition to the ETFs and healthcare fund, I choose two other mutual funds that provide some balance/diversity yet are still aggressive. As you can see bonds make up very little of my holdings (roughly 1.5% only due to my target fund). I also hold roughly a handful of companies that I feel are solid, wall ran, and capable of modest yet solid growth. My last two holdings shown here are my risky stocks which I consider no more than gambles thus making up less than 3% of my portfolio. Both have been losses thus far for what it’s worth, although I haven’t sold anything yet with them.

My plan is basically keep on trucking along with a similar path. The only additions I hope to make before year end are Microsoft, Amazon, and possibly something international related as foreign stocks/companies only make up 12% of my portfolio right now. Besides that I’ll do some minor ETF buying to balance and keep most of my contributions to my US Growth and Target Funds which have been killing it the past 1.5 years.

So what do you all think? Am I decent for someone planning to hold most of these holdings 5, 10, 20 years out? Too many companies or too diverse? Not diverse enough? Genius or stupidity? Let’s hear it, folks. Thanks everyone!



Submitted February 26, 2018 at 10:00PM by Just-Touch-It http://ift.tt/2oAmgmf

No comments:

Post a Comment