Sunday, January 24, 2016

Diversifying strategy for stocks and ETF's

I am new to investing and I want to know other people's strategies of buying stocks and ETF's to diversify their portfolio. Diversification is my #1 goal right now and I don't put away a large amount of money to invest with, just 5-10% of my income.

Strategies can include long term, short term, forms of hedging, value investing, growth, etc.

I personally enjoy ETF's because of the diversification inside them. Regarding the stocks in my portfolio, I am typically going for blue chip companies with solid PE relative to the industry, good track records, great management with experience, and one specific thing I look for is how the company fared in 2007-2009, regarding the problems the company faced and how they handled them. Like I said I am new, but I do research on every single purchase I make. News, annual reports, etc.

Thanks for helping a young investor out!



Submitted January 24, 2016 at 04:55PM by p_giggles http://ift.tt/1Ptuyqt

No comments:

Post a Comment