Thursday, November 29, 2018

How taxes work with stocks

I have a noob question in regards to taxes and the stock market:

I am unsure how I am being taxed when trading on Robinhood. I have been on the app (and also new to the stock market in general) since June of this year. I am24 years old and make $45k/annually. I will admit, I have been short selling stocks since I started. How am I exactly being taxed on each stock? Also, say I made a $1000 profit off of a stock such as Amazon, and then later lost $1500 from Amazon later. Am I taxed for both or how does it all work...I'm also not very educaed with finance so if someone can break it down for me I would appreciate it!

I know I should really educate myself before all of this, but I would appreciate it if someone could answer this question.



Submitted November 29, 2018 at 11:07AM by appa234 https://ift.tt/2DR55Gn

No comments:

Post a Comment