Tuesday, November 27, 2018

OT - r/StockMarket Monthly Stock Picking Competitions - (Keep it going? or nah...)

Hi r/StockMarket!

I just wanted to quickly collect some additional input in here from everyone on this sub regarding the monthly stock picking competitions.

Seeing as this month's contest did quite well on participation, it's admittedly got me itching to potentially doing another one here for the final month of the year (December).

However, before I setup the new thread to get everyone's picks and rationale, I wanted to first get some input from members of this subreddit.

I'm interested to know how many of you would like to see these monthly contests again for next month? Moreover, perhaps making it a regular monthly thing here on r/StockMarket in 2019.

If there genuinely is interest from the community here, then we really ought to get serious about these and start adding a members leaderboard point system, and individual members monthly stock picking records into the mix like I do for members of the Stockaholics community. In addition, also adding a 1st place winners log, so people can easily find all of the past monthly winners.

I think the most interesting aspect of these monthly contests is where people are required to give a "rationale" for their picks in order to be accepted as a participant for the contests. If we were just simply picking 2 stocks and a direction, with no rationale, that would be no fun imo.

While I am now open to the idea of possibly doing these on a regular monthly basis here on r/StockMarket. However, I'd really like to get some feedback from everyone on this sub on how you all feel about this.

...and again, if we're going to do this next year, I think we'll need to get serious with implementing a leaderboard, and a members picking history log. It's a lot work, but I think I'm willing to give it a shot since it's only going to be done a monthly basis, not weekly like we did last year. So, perhaps a bit more doable.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone ultimately thinks. Keep it going? Or, nah.

Thanks for the input/feedback in advance from everyone!



Submitted November 27, 2018 at 12:13PM by bigbear0083 https://ift.tt/2AsiUb5

No comments:

Post a Comment