Wednesday, September 26, 2018

At What Point To Consider my Trading Strategy a Success and When to Dedicate More Capital?

I'm in my late 20s and I've dabbled with individual stock trading throughout my 20s. I've had some success and some failure, essentially leaving me at a point where I was breaking even. Granted, I've only been playing with $3,000 of my own money during this time so it's not significant amount of money to me, but enough to potentially make some money, but nothing I'd get upset about if it was gone tomorrow.

In the Fall of 2017, I started researching more into a specific industry and noticed what I thought looked like a pretty significant trend when reviewing the price history of individual stocks. At that point, I decided to dedicate my $3,000 towards seeing if I might be onto something, which started in December 2017.

Fast forward to today and roughly 10 months later, I am up 128% using that strategy. My 128% return has been a gradual climb and it's not like it has all come because of one trade. I am beyond thrilled with how this is going, but I definitely have more funds I could allocate to this that could theoretically allow me to increase my dollar returns.

So like any rational person, I'm turning to the people of the internet to see what they think. Is 10 months a long enough time to have confidence in your trading strategy? Should I up the ante?



Submitted September 26, 2018 at 01:05PM by Turd-McGee https://ift.tt/2QZ45Ep

No comments:

Post a Comment