Monday, November 5, 2018

Looking for Investment Tips

Hello everyone,

I’m a student (and will be for a long time yet), and I just started investing.

My investing “strategy” was going to be safe, long term companies. I decided to just start with $500 and slowly add more as I go since I don’t make much money. I use Robinhood.

I had a couple questions:

I feel slightly overwhelmed with how many companies can be invested in. And I feel it’s impossible to read about every single one, even when categories are narrowed down (technology, pharm, etc). How do you guys narrow down what companies may be good to invest in? Or do you only invest in very well-known companies?

To go along with this strategy, I was thinking about Apple since it’s low right now. I also read an article about one of the men from Shark Tank saying he sold all of his Apple stocks as they will no longer be sharing sales of iPads, AirPods, etc. In my eyes, this guy seems like a pro investor and I’m not. So how do you guys gauge huge red flags for companies?

Any other helpful tips or websites you guys use would be greatly appreciated. I understand there’s always a risk, I’m just trying to be as safe and informed as possible.

Thank you!



Submitted November 05, 2018 at 06:23PM by allycat503 https://ift.tt/2qxOIqh

No comments:

Post a Comment